Saturday, July 15, 2006

Triple digits weekend

Holy heatwave, Batman! Today and tomorrow's forecasted highs are 102, dropping to 100 on Monday. And yesterday it was 99. Oy!!

We plan to go to a public pool for some of the afternoon today to cool off. I just hope the whole city doesn't decide to do the same.

This evening we are going to our local API chapter summer potluck picnic which should be a lot of fun if we can find ways to stay cool. That will be the tricky part. I'm taking a bean dip to share. I found the recipe this week in one of my veggie cookbooks. It's pretty tasty and easy to make.

Not sure what we will do tomorrow, but quite possibly leave the house to find respite in some air conditioned facility.

On Monday, Ava and I have plans to meet some friends at a kiddie play gym (similar to Gymboree) for part of the day. I haven't taken Ava to anything like that before, but I'm sure she will enjoy it (and it will be air conditioned!).

Then the rest of the week consists of a midwife appointment, a doctor's appointment and a moms' night out.

Hope everyone finds ways to stay cool this weekend. :)

5 Comments:

At 7/15/2006 8:12 PM, Blogger KleoPatra said...

It is unbearably hot here as well. That temperature gauge reminds me of what i looked at here... YOWZA

 
At 7/16/2006 3:44 PM, Blogger Penny said...

mmm... warm. I'm sure I'd be too hot though! LOL! Still, it's winter here so I'm envying the "idea" of warmness. ;-)

 
At 7/16/2006 10:11 PM, Blogger Info for you said...

It's hotter then heck here too!! UGH

 
At 7/17/2006 4:48 PM, Blogger Nelly said...

Stayin cool over there Amy?

 
At 7/17/2006 10:33 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

we got a brief respite from the heat today since it *only* hit 90 (but still felt hella warm to me), but it's back up to 100 tomorrow. :(
the weekend was a lot of fun though, despite the heat. :) still, i'm ready for cooler temps.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home