Friday, June 23, 2006

How I nearly ended up with two ultrasounds today (oh yeah, and what we're having too!)

Our anatomy ultrasound was scheduled today for 12:30 p.m. Jody and I went in first while the tech took all the measurements (baby is right on track for 19 weeks), then my parents and sister (who are visiting from MI) and Ava came in at the end and got to see baby too! :) Baby looked healthy and everything checked out just fine.

After the ultrasound, we all planned to go to lunch. On the way there (we were in two cars) - my sis and Jody were in one, and me, my parents and Ava were in the other - my dad's car got rear-ended. There were three cars involved, one hit the middle car, who then hit our car. We are all fine, other than maybe a bit sore, and Ava was a bit scared by the ordeal. I decided to call my dr's office to let them know in case they wanted me to come in. They said they'd rather I come in so they could check the heart tones than have me worry all weekend, so back to the office Jody, Ava and I went.

The baby checked out just fine (we listened to the heartbeat, but didn't have another ultrasound) and has been moving around ever since. I saw Dr. C (Dr. T is my usual dr.) and she said if there's a good time to get into a fender bender while pregnant, now is it because there's still so much fluid around the baby that it's very well protected. And the placenta still does not have enough weight behind it to worry about placental abruption (which was something that I was worried about). So that was all good news and a relief. :)

And now for the news you are really here for....

The u/s tech couldn't tell the sex the first time she looked because baby's cord was between the legs. So we asked her to check again later and it looks like....


...


...


...


...


...


...


...

It's a BOY! :) Yes, we saw a little penis and scrotum. We got to see the little guy yawn twice too - that was pretty sweet. :)

We haven't settled on a name yet, but when we do, we plan to keep it secret until he's born (just like we did with Ava).

Oh, and here's his profile pic:


Thanks for reading if you got through all of that. :)

Amy, Jody, Ava and baby boy :)

19 Comments:

At 6/23/2006 5:42 PM, Blogger Primal Mama said...

so very glad you guys are ok!!


And I win! What's my prize? I guessed boy, hah!

 
At 6/23/2006 6:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww congrats on the baby boy!! wow! 1 of each!! thats great!! and sorry to hear about the fender bender :(

I wanna see more ultrasound pics of the little guy!!

 
At 6/23/2006 9:34 PM, Blogger Christina K. said...

Congrats - a boy!!! I am happy everyone is ok!! It is so weird to think they yawn in there, lol!!

 
At 6/23/2006 9:49 PM, Blogger Spookygirl said...

Congratulations!! Ah, a baby boy! Too sweet :)

 
At 6/24/2006 1:56 AM, Blogger KleoPatra said...

That's great news. I'm so happy for you and for your family, including Ava's soon-to-be little bro!

 
At 6/24/2006 2:23 AM, Blogger Isil Simsek said...

glad that you and the baby are okey.I'm so happy for you.congratulations!

 
At 6/24/2006 5:28 AM, Blogger Nelly said...

Thank goodness nobody was hurt in the minor crash. I was in an accident when I was pregnant with princess and almost needed an ultrasound, but everything was good.

Congrats on the sex of the baby! One of each is so fun! Congrats to Jody too!

 
At 6/24/2006 9:18 AM, Blogger Amy T said...

So glad nobody was hurt in that accident. How scary! And congrats on your baby BOY!!!!! I'd ideally have one of each if we were to have another, to have the experience of raising both a son and a daughter. How exciting!!! Now to brainstorm boy names, huh? :)

 
At 6/24/2006 9:26 AM, Blogger Julie said...

Congrats on being safe AND the little boy!!

 
At 6/24/2006 7:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A boy, how wonderful! I'm glad you're all safe and well. Whew!

 
At 6/24/2006 8:08 PM, Blogger gosonja said...

What wonderful news! Congrats on your little boy. I'm so glad you all are safe and sound, an accident can be so scary. I hope Ava recovers from her scare as well!
I am so happy for you!

 
At 6/25/2006 2:58 PM, Blogger Eat Peace Please said...

Congrats to you.

 
At 6/25/2006 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on a healthy baby boy! I'm so excited for you (and glad you're safe!) :)

 
At 6/25/2006 11:18 PM, Blogger Ms. Doe said...

Well, well, well! I'm so happy for you! When I first saw the number 2 in your post I thought that you meant you had two heartbeats! Then I had to slow down and read. :) I was then scared that you were in an accident, then happy to see what you were having. Geeze, if I'm this emotional, I can only imagine how you were feeling.

I'm glad things are well and love to you all. I hope the party was fun! :)

 
At 6/26/2006 11:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! That is sooooo great one of each! I am one of four and we went girl boy girl boy. Lucky huh? I am so glad that you are all safe and healthy. I thought by two you were going to say twins! LOL

 
At 6/26/2006 4:59 PM, Blogger Lyrically speaking said...

Babies are such blessings, congratulations!!

 
At 6/30/2006 5:33 PM, Blogger halloweenlover said...

Hurray hurray hurray! A beautiful baby boy! Yippee!

I'm sooo glad to hear that all is well and baby boy is healthy. The fender bender is scary, and I'm relieved that you are fine.

Congratulations! So do tell, did you have an inkling this time around?

 
At 6/30/2006 5:42 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

Thanks so much for all the congrats. :)

I wish I had more u/s pics to share, but that's all the tech gave us. I guess I should've spoken up if I wanted more, but she made it sound like she was going to do more than that. Oh well.

LOL at the idea of twins. I think my post would've been titled something like "HOLY CRAP" if that had happened. ;)

Dawn - Not sure what your prize is. Hmmm, you get to be my friend? :oP hehe.

Tiffiny - Your comments cracked me up, seriously! What a riot you are. :)

HL - I really had no inkling this time around. If I had to guess I think I would've said girl.

 
At 7/10/2006 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! A boy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home