Saturday, July 08, 2006

Rained out :(


I know we desperately need the moisture, but why'd it have to rain again *this* weekend? :oP

We headed out this afternoon so I could take Ava's pictures (that I've been trying to take since last weekend - when it rained) and we got rained out again. The rain also put a damper on our hiking plans and music festival plans. :(

More of the same is expected tomorrow.

In light of this setback, I think the thank you notes are going to get mailed without the pics and I will have to send the pics out whenever I am able to get them done. Arg.

The plus side of getting rained out today is that we stopped at Ross (hoping the rain would pass through while we hung out) and I got a couple maternity shirts and another pair of shorts (woohoo - I'm up to two pairs of shorts now!) all for only $25. :) Yay, bargains! And the other good thing about the rain is, of course, that it reduces Colorado's fire danger. Not as glamorous as new clothes, but still a good thing nonetheless. ;)

6 Comments:

At 7/08/2006 9:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Amy,
I just wanted to say hi! I've stumbled across your blog (linked from someone else's blog) and really enjoy reading about your life. I don't plan on becoming a parent, but if I ever were to change my mind, I'd aspire to be the type of parent you are. I most definitely believe in all of the parenting ideals you believe in. It's too bad that most of our country has been brainwashed by big businesses to believe that taking your child to McDonalds is a symbol of love and disposable diapers are cleaner and better. Your photographs are incredible (I especially enjoyed the Father's Day ones). I'm excited about getting to know you better. - Crystal

 
At 7/09/2006 12:03 AM, Blogger KleoPatra said...

"Rain, rain, go away, come again some other day..."

Sending you some sunshine from San Diego... hope it makes it your way SOON!!!

Hang in there!!

 
At 7/09/2006 1:28 AM, Blogger Isil Simsek said...

We are flying back home to Istanbul on wednesday and it's rainy there. After the sunny days in Algeria, we will have some stormy weather there ;)

 
At 7/09/2006 8:18 AM, Blogger Amy T said...

Aww too bad about the rain -- even though you need it, it always comes at times you don't want it to. Does Colorado get thunderstorms? I love the thunder and lightening. :)

 
At 7/09/2006 4:09 PM, Blogger Penny said...

Doncha hate that when the weather mucks up your plans! :( Oh well... hopefully soon.

Good retail therapy though ;)

 
At 7/10/2006 6:16 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

Vivacious Vegan - Welcome to my blog. :) Thank you so much for the lovely sentiments. Your words really touched me. :)

Kleo - Thanks! Got it today. ;)

Isil - Are you just going back for a visit?

Amy - There are good thunderstorms in certain parts of the state. We don't get them very often here, but Jody has fond memories of them when he lived in the mountains during high school.

Penny - Retail therapy - yeah, that's it! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home