Monday, June 19, 2006

Sharing Ava's Father's Day gift

This is what Ava gave Jody for Father's Day this year. I took the pictures for the first one last year, but only printed them on our crappy printer and never had it done nicely. So I had them both printed as 10 x 20 storyboards, mounted on styrene. They look quite nice if I do say so myself. ;) My goal is to do a new one every Father's Day for at least a few more years. And next year, there will be two munchkins for the pics. Fun! :)



We didn't do anything spectacular to celebrate Father's Day, though I made breakfast and dinner (we went out to lunch) and did the dishes (something Jody usually does) all day long. Oh yes, we also went to the "big" mall (Jody's idea) and walked around for a bit, which was a good way to get out of the heat. I told Jody that he and Ava should have their pictures taken in one of those photo booth things (it cost $3), so they did that (which is good because - bad Amy - I didn't take any pics of them with my camera - doh!). The pics are pretty cute. It was nice just to spend some family time together.

This week is going to be crazy I'm sure with my family getting into town Wednesday, Ava's actual birthday on Thursday, our ultrasound on Friday, then Ava's birthday party on Sunday! Busy, busy!

11 Comments:

At 6/19/2006 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE the photo series. They are awesome.

 
At 6/19/2006 7:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMY!! You are soooo creative! I only wish I would've thought of something like that years ago!!

 
At 6/20/2006 12:48 PM, Blogger Christina K. said...

I love the photo!!! Very cute!

 
At 6/20/2006 5:05 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

patti and christina - thank you. :)

xstitch - i can't take credit for coming up with the idea myself. i saw some other moms do in on a message board i belong to last year. i thought it was great so i decided to give it a go myself. but as far as i know, i'm the only one who's done it two years in a row. :)

 
At 6/20/2006 9:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those pictures are FABULOUS! What are the letters made out of? I might have to try that next year. Maybe have each of the girls hold a letter to spell: DAD.

:)

She's gorgeous, Amy!

 
At 6/20/2006 9:21 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

Nino - Thank you. You can buy wooden letters pretty cheap, but I just made my own out of cardstock. They aren't very durable and Ava nearly ripped them (both years - I made new ones this year), but it worked out ok. :)

 
At 6/20/2006 11:08 PM, Blogger Ms. Doe said...

Cute, cute, cute!!! :)

 
At 6/22/2006 10:39 AM, Blogger Julie said...

Oh my GOODNESS I love those!

 
At 6/22/2006 6:13 PM, Blogger Becca said...

Great photos.. Can I ask where you get story board? Also, in the market for a new camera... Any advise?

 
At 6/30/2006 5:34 PM, Blogger halloweenlover said...

Oh my goodness! Can I please copy? What a fabulous idea!

 
At 6/30/2006 5:38 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

sorry for taking so long to respond.

becca - the storyboard is a photoshop action i purchased from another photographer. email me at amygeekgrl@gmail.com if you want more info.
i have an olympus evolt e-500. i've found it to suit my purposes so far, but now i'm starting to feel like i'm growing out of it. i guess it all depends on what you want to use it for and if you want a point & shoot or something you can adjust manually.

HL - Definitely, feel free to copy. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home