Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Let the healing begin

The things I've been wanting to write about lately are that there have been a few positive changes in our (mine and Jody's) families recently.

First off, my dad has stopped drinking and has sought out help to work on his recovery from alcoholism. Alcoholism is something he's been struggling with for a long time and I'm so proud of him for taking what had to be a huge step for him. I hope and pray that it continues to go well. I love him and would love to see him improve his quality of life in this way. One day at a time.

And, secondly, Jody's mom has stopped smoking. Unfortunately, this good news has some not so good news to go with it. It seems that she's recently developed angina. After seeing a cardiologist this week, he's decided to do an arterialgram tomorrow to check for blockage and assess what needs to be done to correct it at that point (angioplasty, bypass surgery, etc.).
If you could please keep her in your thoughts (or prayers) tomorrow (Wednesday) morning, we would appreciate it. And Sharon, if you are reading this, please know that we will be thinking of you and hoping everything goes just perfectly.

Thank you all.

8 Comments:

At 2/28/2006 12:47 PM, Blogger Harmonia said...

Good for them for taking those next steps! You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

 
At 2/28/2006 5:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be thinking about you and your family. That is an amazing step your dad is taking

 
At 3/01/2006 5:06 AM, Blogger Nelly said...

Alcholism is a hard thing. My bro-in-law is dealing with this and it is rough. Good luck to your dad!

I hope everything works out with Jody's mom too!

 
At 3/01/2006 10:51 AM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

Thank you all for your support. I really appreciate it.

Heather - It's encouraging to me to hear that your dad has beat it. How wonderful that he's able to help others too.

Rowan - I appreciate the wish for patience, understanding and strength. Those are things that it's not always easy for me to have.

Nelly - I think I remember that about your BIL. I will keep him in my thoughts too.

 
At 3/01/2006 11:51 PM, Blogger Christina K. said...

I am so sorry you are going through this, my dad has also been in AA for about 5 years now. Unfortunetly my boyfriends mom is also having problems with her heart and is scheduled for surgery next week. I hope everything turns out ok, I will keep you in my thoughts!!

 
At 3/02/2006 11:38 PM, Blogger Isil Simsek said...

Hi Amy,
I hope they'll recover soon. You're in my thoughts.

 
At 3/03/2006 1:17 PM, Blogger jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

I wish them both the best. I'm glad they've taken steps in the right, positive directions.

 
At 3/04/2006 11:13 AM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

Ninotchka, Isil and Jess - Thank you all. :)

Christina - Good for your dad! :) I hope everything goes well w/ your bf's mom.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home