Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Disco baby :)


We've decided to join some friends on Saturday for Baby Loves Disco - "an afternoon dance party featuring real music spun and mixed by real djs blending classic disco tunes From the 70s, & 80s guaranteed to get those little booties moving and grooving."

I admit that this seems a little out there (i.e. too gimmicky) to be something of interest to me. In fact, when I first heard about it, I had no intentions of going. But then our AP group decided to make an event out of it, and, the more I learned, the more fun it sounded.

I think Ava is going to love it. She loves music, kids and dancing so it should be a hit. :) I just wonder how to dress her for a disco party. ;) LOL

Here's a bit more about it:
"The fun spills out from all corners of the club: bubble machines, baskets of instruments, a chill-out room (with tents, books and puzzles), diaper changing stations, a full spread of healthy snacks (provided by Whole Foods) and dancing, LOTS of dancing. But at it’s core, Baby loves disco is a community event that brings kids together with kids and parents together with parents."

I'll be sure to take some groovy pictures of my dancing queen for sharing. :)

7 Comments:

At 3/07/2006 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so bummed that we can't go too, I am positive that Ellie would totally enjoy herself, but we have a birthday party to attend.
If you really enjoy it, let me know, I am sure we could attend the April event. :)

 
At 3/08/2006 7:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha! That sounds like a lot of fun - can't wait to see pictures. :)

 
At 3/08/2006 8:04 AM, Blogger Amy T said...

Exposing Ava to dance and socializing is sooo healthy and fun. It sounds like a blast; of course I went to raves all the time in my 20s so I've always loved going dancing. Yes, pics please!!

 
At 3/08/2006 1:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have lots of fun on Saturday. Ava should wear some sort of a polyester outfit, shouldn't she? The music will totally be from your childhood, so get out there and let your hair down. Be sure to take pictures.

 
At 3/08/2006 6:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds so fun!! I can see what you mean about it being gimmicky but it really does seem like a great time.

We do these summer kid-friendly rock concerts called Rock n Romp. Julian should have a lot more fun this summer. But the disco would be a great addition if only they had them here!

 
At 3/09/2006 5:51 PM, Blogger Julie said...

That actually sounds like a blast. Have a great time!

 
At 3/10/2006 8:39 AM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

Thanks, everybody. I think it will be a lot of fun, especially for Ava.

Thanks to Grandma S., I remembered that Ava has several outfits from my childhood (from the 70s) so I have to look through those to see if there's something suitable for her to wear. Mostly they are nice Polly Flinders dresses though, but I will keep an eye out for the polyester. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home