Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Traveling with a baby

And here I thought it was overwhelming trying to pack for a trip when it was just me, but now that I have a baby it's even moreso! There's soooo much to pack!

Ava and I are flying to Kansas City this weekend to meet up with four of my good friends from high school and three of their babies - three of the women are flying in from Michigan and one lives in that area now. All in all it will be us five women and four babies ranging in age from 8 to 12 months. :)

I went out today and bought a carseat cover so that Ava's seat doesn't get destroyed (since we're checking it as luggage). It only cost $30 and I figure it's a good investment because I know we'll travel and need to check it again.

So that tops my list of things I have to bring for Ava:
carseat
carseat cover
clothes
sun hat
sunscreen
babyfood
spoons, bowls, sippy cup
bibs
washcloths
toys
shampoo/babywash
diapers and wipes
wet bag and trash bag to store dipes in
baby monitor
batteries
stroller
carrier

Not to mention my camera, as well as clothes, shoes and toiletries for me!
It's only a weekend trip, but between the two of us, I have a feeling I'll have no problem filling an entire (large) suitcase.

I'm sure I'll come up with more things to add to the list, but at least that gets me started. I'll be spending tomorrow doing laundry and getting our stuff together. Whew!

Anyway, I'm really excited to be going on this adventure. It's been so long since the five of us got to hang out and the babies have not all been together yet. It will be interesting with four little ones used to different routines, but I know we will manage and we'll all have a good time. :)

Look out Kansas City, here we come!

2 Comments:

At 4/07/2005 7:59 AM, Blogger Info for you said...

Sounds like fun!! Let us know how it goes.
And after you are done packing do you feel like you are forgetting something?? That's how I feel. LOL

 
At 4/07/2005 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am one of the five chicks with a baby going to KS. My list is much longer though Amy! (lol) And I still feel like I am forgetting a ton of stuff. I originally thought I could get away with our mid-size suitcase, but with just the package of diapers I'm bringing, I quickly moved up to our big one! And like you said, it is only for a weekend! YIKES! Anyway, I'm looking forward to it and can't wait to be with all of my friends from high school. It has been too long!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home