Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Mothers Acting Up

I found a new group that sounds right up my alley! "Mothers Acting Up" is a group of 2200+ people (around the world) who "publicly & passionately advocate for the world’s children."

I don't know a whole lot about the group yet - other than what I've gathered from their web site - but they have a local group that meets in my area so I hope to go check it out next month.

One of their big things is hosting Mother's Day parades around the country to raise awareness and lobby for children's rights. Taken from the MAU website: "The 2005 MAU Mother's Day events, 'Connecting the Dots' will be mass celebrations of the desire and ability of mothers to protect & nurture the world's children. These celebrations can include wild costumes (yours especially), free cake, mothers on stilts, speeches & music, but ALWAYS offer an exuberant invitation to advocate for children." Moms on stilts?! That has to be a good time! ;)

Anyway, I'm excited to learn more about the group and what they do. I'd love to find a constructive use for all of the excitement and passion I've developed lately. And I hope to participate in the local parade on Mother's Day. I can't think of a better way to celebrate my first real Mother's Day than with my baby and my husband by my side, advocating for children everywhere. :)

---------------

Totally off-topic, but I just came across his great web site for finding quotes (ThinkExist.com), so here's my quote of the day:
"Don't let the bastards grind you down."
-- Joseph Stillwell

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home