Sunday, January 07, 2007

Say cheese ;)

Julian flashed us his first smirk on Christmas day and has been smiling a bit more from each day forward. He's now (at 6 weeks) pretty much a pro at it and we get to see his smile and adorable dimple on a regular basis. This past week I was finally able to catch a few smiles with my camera.
He is a happy baby for the most part, as well as a great nurser and good sleeper (whatever that means).
I have my 6-week postpartum appointment with my midwife this week. Traditionally, she would weigh him, but since he's over 13 lbs. (which is all her scale goes up to), we can't get an accurate measurement. So I may swing by a maternity/breastfeeding boutique that has an infant scale so I can weigh the chubby bunny because I'm curious how much he's up to. When I held him with me on our scale a week or so ago, he was at least 13 lbs.
Life with two kids is interesting and challenging, yet also fun and rewarding. This past week was the first time I had to take care of both kids together by myself for the whole day. (I'm so thankful I had help from Jody and my parents for basically the first month plus of Julian's life.) It went pretty well, but it takes a lot of energy. I'm sure it will continue to get easier as we all adjust. (Right??) I do love watching Ava interact with Julian (when she's not smothering him with hugs) and, now that he's a bit older, watching him flash smiles back at her. They are pretty darn sweet and special little people. :)

19 Comments:

At 1/07/2007 8:12 PM, Blogger Liesl said...

What gorgeous eyes he has!

 
At 1/07/2007 9:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy, he's a SWEETIE! Those smiles make it all worth it. :)

 
At 1/08/2007 5:54 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

julian, you are just too cute. can't i come over and kiss you on those chubby cheeks?

i'm also starting to see some more similarities between him and Ava. i haven't seen Ava's baby pictures.. do you think they look alike, or different?

 
At 1/08/2007 6:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cutie! Glad things are going well - "interesting and challenging" is exactly how I would describe adjusting to having two kids :)

And yes, it definitely does get easier, and soooooo much more fun. Dante just turned a year old last week, and he and Gabe are actually playing together now, and it's so amazing to watch. It definitely makes ALL the chaos of the early newborn days so, so worth it :)

Just wait until they make each other giggle - there's no sweeter sound in the world.

 
At 1/08/2007 10:35 AM, Blogger Info for you said...

he is so cute!!

It does get easier :)

 
At 1/08/2007 12:04 PM, Blogger Mama T said...

I can't believe it's been 6 weeks already! Wow - time flies!

I think he looks like you. (Although I've only seen you both in pictures. lol)

 
At 1/08/2007 12:05 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

AMY!! He is soo cute! Time really is flying by!! It gets easier. :)

 
At 1/08/2007 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could eat him up! I cannot believe it's been 6 weeks (I'm sure you can't either). Enjoy your sweet little boy.
XOXO,

 
At 1/08/2007 2:00 PM, Blogger Jody said...

Cute baby you got there.

 
At 1/09/2007 9:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Amy, you're still bloggin. Wow. I was just going through my favorites and I haven't been here in ages. I currently don't even have a blog right now but I'm working on starting a new one. Congrats on the new baby. He's got a great smile and he's so cute!

 
At 1/10/2007 7:18 AM, Blogger Amy T said...

What sweet rosy cheeks Julian has! He certainly does have the similar eyes to Ava. 6 weeks really is a milestone and I'm so happy that you had help the first month. How is Julian's sleeping at night? Are you and Jody getting any?

 
At 1/10/2007 10:47 AM, Blogger erica said...

He looks JUST LIKE his papa.

 
At 1/10/2007 12:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How is it possible that he's SIX weeks already? I mean, WOW, just WOW. (He's adorable)

 
At 1/10/2007 3:02 PM, Blogger AnnieM said...

Looks like a happy baby, I love happy babies! What a great smile!

 
At 1/10/2007 4:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, I just had to laugh at Amy's comment on 1/10 "are you and Jody getting any?". I really, really thought she meant "(wink wink) getting any (wink wink)" and couldn't help but see the irony. Teehee.
XOXO

 
At 1/10/2007 10:28 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

thanks, all. :) glad to hear it gets easier.

michelle 1 - sometimes i think they look alike and other times, very different. i'm going to have to find some pics of ava around the same age so i can better compare.

jacquie - yep, i'm still here. ;) welcome back to the bloggin' world.

amy - he's sleeping pretty good at night. he usually has a 3 or 4 hour stretch of sleep each night, though it tends to be before i've gone to bed. but then even when he wakes to nurse, he falls back asleep right afterwards so i can't complain. jody and i are getting sleep. not as much as either of us would like, but it could be much worse.

leigh - *titter, titter* you're so silly. ;oP

 
At 1/11/2007 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is precious and looks very healthy. You and Jody have very good looking kids. This is the best work, being parents! It only gets better, well until they are teens from what I hear! :)

 
At 1/11/2007 8:57 PM, Blogger Harmonia said...

Truly adorable! Happy Weekend!

 
At 1/23/2007 8:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh wow when he smiles he looks just like Ava...how sweet!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home