Friday, January 05, 2007

She's crafty

After Ava has expressed an interest in art and, thus, received a bunch of art supplies for Christmas, I've been inspired to start doing more crafty-type projects with her. It gives me a chance to spend some good quality time with her while Julian sleeps in the Moby Wrap. (Have I mentioned how much I LOVE that thing?? I'll have to devote another post to the Moby. hehe) It's also been handy to have several indoor things to do since we've been having soooo much snow this winter. We got another 7 inches last night!

Here are some of the things we've been up to lately (after getting suggestions from a friend, reading ideas online and thinking some of them up myself). :)

Playing in cornmeal. It's cheap, easy to sweep or vacuum up and provides a good deal of entertainment. :)

Ava with the indoor snowman we made:

Getting messy with her fingerpaints:

Stringing together pasta (which we painted) to make a necklace:

A paper plate snowman that Ava glued together. Do you sense a theme here?:

A drawing of our family. I drew the circles (though she does nice circles herself) and Ava did all the rest, including making eyes, noses, mouths, ears, hair and chins on some. I was really impressed!:

And when she's not doing crafts with mommy, she's coming up with her own art projects. Ah, the joys of having a 2 1/2 year old! ;)
She was pretending to sleep with a bunch of her dolls (one of which also got pen tattoos):


Yep, even in her belly button. The ink was literally everywhere. And I mean EVERYWHERE.

5 Comments:

At 1/05/2007 5:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cute!!!
Looks like she's having a great deal of fun.

I love the paper plate snowman. I am starting a preschool program in my home daycare this coming Monday, our January theme is "Winter" and this will be a great activity for the kids. Thanks!

If you need any links to arts/crafts/preschool projects, let me know I have a lot.

 
At 1/05/2007 6:35 PM, Blogger Liesl said...

R'uh - r'oh!!!! We've had similar tattoo issues here recently - must be the age. She's so cute!

I love all those snowmen-maybe we should try making a few here amd see if we can convince King Winter to pay us a visit.

Or else we could stick to mudpies....

 
At 1/05/2007 7:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute. We've been doing a lot of projects like that being stuck inside, too! And we've also had our fair share of "tattoos" recently. Oh, to be 2!

 
At 1/06/2007 7:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes! Ava really did do a number on herself with that pen. Good craft ideas. You could also let her draw in shaving cream, whipped cream, or chocolate pudding on a plastic mat and if you put salt or corn meal in a shallow pan, she can practice writing letters or numbers and get the tactile feel through her fingertip. I predict that my granddaughter, Ava, will one day be a famous artist(at least to us).So sorry you are getting so much snow, but at least you are making the best of it.

 
At 1/06/2007 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The tattoo photos are cracking me up! I love the finger painting ones too. It looks like she was having so much fun and very intently focused on her work.
XOXO,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home