Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Blogger limbo

I've been trying to switch over to the new version of Blogger for the past couple months now, but every time I try I get this response:

Could not switch you to the new Blogger

Thanks for your interest in the new version of Blogger! Unfortunately, we cannot switch your Blogger account at this time, because one or more of your blogs cannot be moved.


Then the "help article" says:
Why can't I switch to the new version of Blogger?

While the new version of Blogger is no longer in beta, some users with certain types of blogs will not immediately be able to switch to it. We'll be adding support for these blogs as soon as possible, so everyone can join in the fun. But for now, if you have a very large blog (more than a couple thousand posts + comments), you'll need to hold off for a bit.


Some help that is. I don't have more than a couple thousand posts + comments (I only have 400 posts), so why am I stuck here in old blogger limbo??? *Grumble, grumble* *Whine, whine*

===================================
Don't forget to come out of lurkdom below. I won't bite. ;)

6 Comments:

At 1/24/2007 9:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Switch to wordpress! I was so glad I finally did - I like it so much better than blogger. Wordpress will move everything - posts, comments - everything, over for you at the push of a button. I love many things Google, but blogger is absolutely not one of them. :)

 
At 1/25/2007 5:39 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

i'm also in blogger limbo! and get the same messages. how irritating :(

 
At 1/25/2007 8:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another thing...on your "Happy 2 Months" post, it shows 2 comments, but when I click to read them it says "0 Comments". Plus, I know I posted a comment on that one a few days ago...Hmmmmm...
I agree with Julie. After having used Blogger, Wordpress is a DREAM! :) Very easy to convert, as she mentioned too.
XOXO,

 
At 1/25/2007 9:35 AM, Blogger Primal Mama said...

I agree with the comments about wordpress, so glad I switched over.

Im close by, if you decide to take the plunge, I can help you with installing and such ;) Just let me know!

 
At 1/25/2007 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Amy,
I just read your blog about the Sears' on Dr Phil. I know I feel horrible when Amelia is crying but did they say anything about toddlers crying? I mean sometimes it seems like toddlers can manipulate a little more when they're closer to 2 yrs old. Even though my dh doesn't agree, i try to do what they said and go with my instinct. If it seems like she is crying because she is scared or sick then I hold her, if it is just because she's mad we put her to bed I give her 5 minutes or so to try to soothe herself....just wondering if they commented on older 'babies' to know if that's the 'right' approach. I know you didn't see it, but just wondering what your (and others opinions are on it). :)

 
At 1/25/2007 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's why I didn't stay with blogger very long. Lots of downtime and technical problems. I'm paying for typepad now and love it, but for free blogging, I agree that wordpress is great - I used it for a while and had no complaints.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home