Monday, August 08, 2005

An ode to my smoking neighbors

An ode to my smoking neighbors

When you feel an urge for a smoke
and the weather is hot,
if our attic fan is churning,
I beg you please do not
go out of your door
and like up your ciggy
for it makes our home
smell some sort of wiggy.
We gag and we choke
as our lungs fill with smoke.
I tell you we'd rather
you not make us croak.
For we have no A/C
to help keep us cool
so our windows stay open.
Do you hear me, you fool?
Go back in your house
and give smoking a whirl
just please don't do it
downwind from my lil girl.

3 Comments:

At 8/09/2005 7:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish that worked on my neighbors!

 
At 8/09/2005 8:59 AM, Blogger Ms. Doe said...

I totally agree!!! Drives me crazy that I can't keep my window open because it all comes inside. Ugh!

 
At 8/09/2005 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our neighbors don't smoke, but all of the restaurants around here allow it. Yuck...

I love your poem!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home