Tuesday, July 26, 2005

My very first meme

I've been tagged by R2Ks. I have to admit that this is my first time answering a "meme" and I had to look up just exactly what a "meme" is! I found this explanation on I am Pariah.com:
meme n (mëm): A unit of cultural information, such as a cultural practice or idea, that is transmitted verbally or by repeated action from one mind to another. From the Greek mimëma, something imitated, from mimeisthai, to imitate.

In Blogspeak, a meme is an idea that is shared and passed from blog to blog, like a question posted in one blog and answered in many other blogs
So now that we all know what a meme is, let's get down to business. :)

1. What were three of the stupidest things you have done in your life?
a) Proceeded to meet some people in person that I had corresponded with on the Internet. That's all I'm gonna say about that one.
b) Obsessed over guys who no longer had an interest in me. (Think high school years.)
c) This is pretty general, but - Let other people's opinions influence what I do or do not do. I sometimes find it hard to trust myself to do the right thing for me.

2. At the current moment, who has the most influence in your life?
Easily, hands down, my daughter. My world revolves around her and I wouldn't change that for a minute.

3. If you were given a time machine that functioned, and you were allowed to only pick up five people to dine with, who would you pick?
In no particular order.
a) Jesus
b) Gandhi
c) My Aunt Gina who died when I was 5
d) My daughter in 30 years (hey, nobody said we couldn't go into the future, right?)
e) Julia Ward Howe

4. If you had three wishes that were not supernatural, what would they be?
a) That this country (the USA) had a much better leader in office.
b) That all children around the world would have access to healthcare, clean food and drink, clothing, an education and people who loved and took care of them.
c) That there would be less stupidity in the world.

5. Someone is visiting your hometown/place where you live at the moment. Name two things you regret your city not having, and two things people should avoid.

Regret not having:
A big movie theater.
Whole Foods!

Avoid:
A place called "Group Therapy." Despite the fact that you may think it is affiliated with a 12-step program, it is a bar where many a stabbing and other altercations have taken place.
Bella's. Juice bar/strip club. Unless, of course, that is your thing.
Sheesh, sounds like I live in a GREAT city, eh? ;)

6. Name one event that has changed your life.
If I can name only one, I will go with the birth of my daughter. Having her has changed me in so many ways. I am now not concerned only for her safety and well-being, but for the safety and well-being of children everywhere.

7. Tag 3 people.
Maggie
Elizabeth
Blog writer

3 Comments:

At 7/27/2005 10:01 AM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

Proceeded to meet some people in person that I had corresponded with on the Internet.....Hmm, I had good experiences with that. Even in Colorado. Sorry you didn't. Gotta be careful out there.

I LOVE YOUR ANSWER about your daughter in 30 years. What a cool concept.

Great answers!

 
At 7/27/2005 10:40 AM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

Well, I met some good people AND some bad people off the 'net. One of the good ones is, of course, my husband Jody. ;)

Thanks for tagging me. The questions weren't the best, but it was still fun.

 
At 7/27/2005 5:19 PM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

This was a meme that got forwarded to me, so while the questions weren't perfect, I had fun. The first meme I ever did--a couple of months ago--was one where you had to tailor make the questions for someone and then pass it on. It really forced creativity and required knowledge of the other person. I found it really interesting. May have to do that one again some time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home