Monday, February 21, 2005

Happy (sort of) anniversary to us

Yesterday was the 7 year anniversary of the day Jody and I met in person. It's amazing to think that it's been so long since I got on a plane in MI and flew to OK to meet a guy I'd only known virtually for a year and a half.

The whole trip nearly was canceled about a week beforehand, but I decided (thanks largely to some prodding by my sister Carrie) that if I didn't go for it and do it then, there was a very good chance that I never would. And then I'd be left forever wondering what might have been.

Am I glad I did it? Yes.

Has the journey to get to where we are today been an easy one? No.

Was it worth it? Yes.

Would I do it again? Definitely.

I could search the earth and never find another Jody. I love him for his wonderful - often wacky - sense of humor, his quick wit (which I've grown to match), his idealism, his convictions (and by that, I don't mean crimes), his capacity to love, and for the amazing father he is.

I'm so happy that our paths crossed on the Internet so many years ago. I can't imagine living my life with anyone else.

1 Comments:

At 2/21/2005 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jody rocks!
Thanks for the acknowledgement sis. ;) Although I'm pretty sure that you don't remember my prodding and have just succombed to my selfcentered insisting that I am responsible for the success of your relationship. Mwa ha ha! It worked!
In closing, Jody rocks! He's a fun guy and they broke the mold after they made him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home