Saturday, February 19, 2005

World On Fire

I've been a fan of Sarah McLachlan for a long time, at least since "Fumbling Towards Ecstacy" came out in 1993. I saw her in concert three times, twice at Lilith Fair. Her music has always seemed so powerful to me, so full of passion. She really seems to sing from the heart.

After recently discovering what she did with her "World On Fire" video, I have even more respect and admiration for her.

View the video here

Even if you aren't a Sarah fan, this video deserves a look just for the message that it has.

I admire her for doing something different and donating nearly $150,000 (the typical cost of making a video) to charities around the world. Imagine if every artist did that with just one video, what a difference it could make.

Anyway, Sarah is an inspiration to me. She seems like such a grounded person who isn't wrapped up in all the money and fame that can accompany stardom. She uses her status to help bring about change and make the world a better place and I think that's awesome.

1 Comments:

At 5/27/2005 12:09 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

If you click on the link to her website, the video should automatically start playing, but maybe you need some software to see it? I'm not sure.
Sorry I can't be of more help.
Amy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home