Thursday, September 28, 2006

Saddened

I'm so saddened and sickened by the recent high school shooting in Bailey, CO, about an hour and a half from where we live. I don't understand what possesses people to do these things.

After one girl was killed and other girls were reportedly sexually assaulted by the gunman, I can't help but think about the safety of my own daughter. We do everything we can as parents to keep our children safe, but ultimately, it's not always under our control. :( Such a scary thought.

Obviously a hostage situation in a school is an extreme case, but here are some tips on "What You Can Do to Protect Your Child" in other situations.

My heart goes out to the parents of all of the children involved, especially the girl who was killed.

4 Comments:

At 9/28/2006 8:24 PM, Blogger Penny said...

:( :(
Those poor kids and their parents...

 
At 9/29/2006 7:55 PM, Blogger KleoPatra said...

It's really unbelievable. I remember the shooting that was in suburban San Diego at a high school a few years ago because it happened on my b'day and then there was Columbine and then the shooting in Canada a few weeks back and now this. Plus the ones i'm sure that have happened that hadn't been/aren't publicized... it's so scary, it really is... Heartbreaking.

 
At 9/30/2006 6:46 PM, Blogger Amy T said...

No kidding... I can't add much more than your previous comments. It's sickening and so, so sad. Have you considered schooling options for Ava and your son? I'm looking into charter schools for Aidan when he gets big. And hopefully a private school for his teen years.

 
At 10/02/2006 3:26 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

Good Lord! I just saw that there have been even more school shootings in the past few days. :(

Amy - I have started thinking about school options, but I really don't know what we'll end up doing. Thank God we still have a few years to think about it! I initially thought about homeschooling, but I don't know if I want to invest that much time myself, especially if I want to get back into photography on a more regular basis at some point. A private school would be one of my top choices, but I don't know that we could afford it. However, all of these school shootings have me wondering if I want to send my kids anywhere. It's just so scary.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home