Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Potty, undies, bed - oh my!

This past weekend was a big one for Ava. We got her her own bed (off Craigslist) and her first big girl underwear! She hasn't really started wearing the undies yet, but, in typical girl fashion, had to try on each and every pair when we first got them home. ;) She has, however, continued to use the potty regularly (when having naked time), and (TMI) I've only had to change one poopy diaper in the past 10 days or so because all of the rest has gone into the potty! Yay!!!

Now that the weather is cooling off, I don't feel as good about her running around with a naked bottom AND legs (though that's the only way she seems to feel the urge to go to the bathroom so far). So I found these legwarmer-type things for kids called "Baby Legs" - which you can also buy from fellow blogger, Mama C-ta over at Urban Baby Runway. I ordered two pair for Ava and can't wait for them to get here. In addition to keeping her lil leggies warm, they are so darn cute! :)

So Sunday night was Ava's first in her new bed (which is positioned right next to my and Jody's bed). She slept in it about 5 hours before waking up upset and climbing into bed with us. Not a bad start. The next night it went even better. She woke up a couple times and wanted to touch me (my hair, my face, whatever she could reach), and one time had to "see baby brother" which just means touch my belly, and then went right back to sleep, staying the whole night in her bed. (Woot!) And last night, she didn't wake up at all! (Hooray!) I'm glad that the transition has been such an easy one. It's not that I minded cosleeping in the same bed as her, but we all (me, Jody and Ava) couldn't sleep together there comfortably, and with baby boy on the way, I just didn't see how that would work for us. So I feel like we have the best of both worlds now. Jody and I can sleep together comfortably. Ava is still in the same room with us and baby boy can sleep either in bed with us or in the cosleeper (which I think will just barely fit next to the bed on the other side). Wall to wall beds! (Snapped that pic of her while she still slept this morning.)

Seriously though, I wish some bed manufacturer would start making a "family bed" that's about 2 feet wider than a king. I am not sure how great sales would be, but I know a bunch of folks who would be interested. ;) I'm sure they could get an endorsement from Dr. Sears too and then they'd sell like hotcakes, no?

She's going to love me when she's older, huh? Pics of her in her new undies and sitting on the potty outside all in the same post. I'll throw in this cute headshot just for good measure. ;)

11 Comments:

At 9/20/2006 4:14 PM, Blogger Info for you said...

That's great that Ava did so well with the bed transition. That's always nice when things go smoothly :)

Congrats on the progress with PLing!! Reagan has no desire to go in the potty. She does love to wear her panties over her diaper though. LOL

 
At 9/20/2006 8:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is so cute! That's the most precious thing, Ava needing to touch you and "see" her brother. What a smooth transition. And I would totally buy an enormous family bed, that's my only co-sleeping complaint is that we're now too crowded for our queen. Poor Bryan hardly sleeps w/us anymore :( Only problem w/that big bed is we can't even find a house big enough to fit a king, let alone another 2 feet!

I hope the BL's show up soon, sounds like you can use them.

 
At 9/20/2006 9:35 PM, Blogger Penny said...

She sure is sweet:) Great that she transistioned so well. I wonder if there is such a thing as a "super-king"? I suppose you could do the Japanese thing and have futons on the floor; several of them...

 
At 9/21/2006 3:27 AM, Blogger Nelly said...

Ava is adorable Amy! I have been putting undies on princess as well and she loves them! Still working on potty training though. She goes in spurts and not being home with her all day, it isn't consistent.

When I read this about the sleeping part, all I kept thinking was that this would have been a perfect time to transition her into her own room, but nobody commenting here has mentioned it. I just can't imagine everyone sleeping in one room in our house. Everyone has their own beds in their own rooms and it works out great.

 
At 9/21/2006 8:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How bout a California king? I hear they're huge...

 
At 9/21/2006 8:59 AM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

Camille - Thanks :) I was actually pretty surprised that Ava showed an interest in PL when she did. I wasn't planning on even attempting it until she was closer to 3. All kids are so different when it comes to these things.

Mama c-ta - Got the Baby Legs yesterday! Yay!!
Sorry that Bryan isn't getting to sleep w/ you much. That's how it was w/ us and Jody for a while and I really wanted to find a way to get him back in the same room as us. Hope you guys can find something that works for you. :) I know it can be a struggle.

Penny - Thanks! We did have two queen mattresses side-by-side on the floor for quite a while and that worked out pretty well. We're lucky that our room is wide enough for it.

Nelly - Thanks! :)
Different strokes for different folks. ;) I'm glad you have a sleeping arrangement that works for your family, just as we have one that works for ours. :)

Caroline - Thx for the suggestions, but unfortunately the California king just adds another foot to the length of a regular size king, no more width - which is what I'd like. :)

 
At 9/21/2006 3:51 PM, Blogger Tami said...

Way to go on the potty training!

As for the bed, we've had a twin next to our bed for I don't know how long. I was shocked the first night that Savannah slept all night there. She still comes and cuddles every now and then. I love it. :D

 
At 9/21/2006 4:33 PM, Blogger Amy T said...

Children are very adaptable. I'm so glad to hear that Ava's transition is going smoothly. Family style bed: could you push together two double beds or two queen sized beds? Only trouble with that is that there are no single sheets or other bedding that would fit. Seems a bed larger than a California King would be very heavy and very difficult to manouever(sp?) into place.

 
At 9/21/2006 9:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been MIA for awhile but I just had to comment on this post. Too, too, too cute for words. Love her little PJ'd body crashed out on the bed and her little chubby leg rolls in her undies.
Yummy and sweet.
XOXO,

 
At 9/21/2006 10:55 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

Foxymom - I was wondering if Sav was still cosleeping with you. Glad that you found something that works well. :) It's nice to get those snuggles in every now and then.

Amy - Yeah, we did the two queen thing in the past (before we shelled out too much money on a king) and I've heard of others doing it too. And yeah, I know a super-sized king bed would probably be a PITA to manuever into a house, but a girl can dream, right? ;)

Edgeofnormal - Isn't it funny how they end up sleeping that direction? hehe.

Leigh - Thank you. :) I hope everything is ok with you & yours (since you've been MIA).

 
At 2/09/2021 3:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Made me cum

 

Post a Comment

<< Home