Monday, November 28, 2005

Just a quickie

A quickie blog, of course. ;)

Thanksgiving went well. The turkey came out fine despite the thawing scare, as did all of our accoutrement. It was a very yummy dinner, but oddly enough, Jody and I talked about the fact that we've been thinking about going vegetarian again lately. Hmmmm. We played a round of Cranium (bending the rules a bit so that just the two of us could play) Thursday night. It was fun to do something like that together (and even more fun that I won - barely). ;) And Ava enjoyed playing with all the game pieces. It had been a long time since we broke out any games.

This weekend I took newborn pictures of my friend's baby girl. She was 11 days old and was a little doll! :-) While I know I still have a lot to work on with regard to my photography skills, I am pleased with several of the pictures (which I've been working on proofing the past couple days). But I do need to learn to trust my instincts during photoshoots and go with what I think will work best and not be afraid to redo certain shots if I think they need it, etc. It's hard to trust yourself sometimes. Anyway, I'll post some pics in a few days (after my friend sees them first). ;)

It's been nice having Jody home for a four-day weekend. Ava has enjoyed all the daddy time and I've enjoyed extra help around the house. :) We didn't do anything exciting, but we did finally get all of our leaves bagged up. There are about 20 bags out on the curb awaiting pick up this week. It's good to have that done.

Ava took a bad spill in the driveway yesterday. She bent over (downhill with the slope of the driveway) to pick up a stick and gravity got the best of her. She went right over head-first and didn't have time to break her fall with anything other than her face. :( The left side of her face and nose got pretty scratched up and bruised, but it's already looking better today than it did yesterday. Poor lil sweetie. It's so hard to see her get hurt. Edited to add: Here she is today - 11/28 - with the scrapes remaining. They don't seem to bother her, though she says "ow-yah" (Ava for owwee) when she sees herself in the mirror.


In other photography "news," I won an ebay auction for a backdrop. :) The price I got it for is over $100 less than it normally sells for (and it's brand new). I'm very excited to be getting it, though I am unsure if I'll have room to set it up in my house. (Might just need to take it on location.) I still need to get a stand for it too. I'm hoping to take family pictures at our Cherished Children Attachment Parenting holiday party in a few weeks. We'll see if all of that comes together.

There are other things going on in my world (relating to my family) that I'd like to write about, but am unsure if/when I will. It's hard to write about certain things when your blog is public and easily accessible to the world - family and friends included. I will say that I got some upsetting and scary news this weekend about a family member. It is my sincere hope that this person does what he/she needs to do to take care of him/herself. He/she has many people who love him/her and who would like to see him/her get better. I know it might seem too late for change, but that's not true. The only time it's too late to change is when we're dead.

That's all for now. I'm off to bed. :)

5 Comments:

At 11/28/2005 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Ava :( I hope she heals up soon! Its so tough to see our own children get hurt, Elliana fell "up" the steps at the park today, twice in about 2 minutes! but after two quick "kissies to make it better" she was going down the slide again :)

Sounds like a great holiday weekend! Ours was fun, Ellie loved being the only baby present with about 30 people to play with and admire her, heh.

I hope your family member is ok, I can tell you care about them by what you wrote :)

 
At 11/28/2005 3:01 PM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

Oh, I hope your family member is ok!

And I am sorry about Ava's spill. She's still adorable--nothing will take that away.

Congrats on the backdrop and Cranium :)

 
At 11/29/2005 12:48 AM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

Thanks, Dawn. It *is* hard to see our little ones get hurt. Glad Ellie was fine after a couple kisses. :) Thanks for your concern about my family member too.

R2Ks - Thank you. It's hard not to write about something that has a definite impact on your life, but I think it's best to keep things under wraps for now. Thanks about Ava too. Yeah, I think she's pretty darn cute. ;)

Heather - Yep, she is a happy girl 98% of the time. Even scrapes can't keep her down. Thanks for the thoughts abt my family too.

 
At 11/29/2005 8:08 AM, Blogger halloweenlover said...

Oh, such a cutie! Poor little munchkin, it looks like it hurt!

I hope all turns out well for your family member. Hugs.

 
At 11/30/2005 10:44 AM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

HL - Yeah, it did hurt a lot when it happened, but her cheek looks totally better today. Her nose and head are still scratched up though. Thank you.

Gina - Isn't that sad to see? :( I think Ava's nose got the worst of it too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home