Friday, June 17, 2005

Will be scarce for a while

I've got so much to do in the next few weeks that I doubt I'll be blogging (or visiting many blogs - sniff, sniff) for a little while. Between Ava turning one on June 22, getting everything ready for her birthday party on July 2, my sister returning from India on June 27, my parents getting into town on June 30, and working on some other projects that I'll have to write about at another time, I am going to be up to my ears in it.

I'll try to check in here and there, but I can't make any promises. Of course, if the writing bug bites me, I may be back sooner. I have so many things I'd like to write about lately (especially a follow-up to "The View" nurse-in and all the wonderful [and some negative] press breastfeeding is getting as a result), but that will have to wait.

Hope all the daddies out there have a great Father's Day!

Oh, and guess what happened today!! Ava took her first steps! We were at a friend's house and she took two steps into my arms. I just about melted. Hopefully she'll do it again soon as a Father's Day present to Jody. ;)

9 Comments:

At 6/18/2005 12:24 PM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

Congrats on the walker! I'll miss you, and your lovely comments, but you'd better come back with some cake-face pics, ok?

 
At 6/19/2005 9:04 AM, Blogger Kat said...

You'll be missed, but thanks to bloglines I'll know when you're posting again.

Good luck with the first birthday... what a fun day that will be for you.

 
At 6/19/2005 11:29 PM, Blogger Rambler said...

lucky lucky lucky u. my lil one took two desperate steps to reach for her dad...and that was some 2-3 mnths ago. she turned one on the 18th....and i've tried everything from cajoling, asking, begging....threatening [;)] but to no avail. she adamantly refuses to walk! she will only stand without support for as long as i talk to her abt everythin under the sun except for the fact that she's standing without support!! she realises she's standing...and very calmly, makin sure she aint hurtin herself...she sits! ;0 !!

 
At 6/21/2005 10:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Ava!

 
At 6/23/2005 10:28 AM, Blogger Jody said...

She took 3 steps for me on the 19th, then six steps for me on the 20th, then 18 steps (!!!) on the 21st. Standing up on her own was huge for us last week, now she does it non-chalantly (she plopped down n up n down n up repeatedly on Sunday night.)

I think we (mostly Amy) managed to capture a whopping 95 picture through the day for the big 0-1.

 
At 6/24/2005 9:34 AM, Blogger Willow said...

Happy Belated to Ava!

June seems to be a hectic month for a lot of us. Hang in there!

 
At 6/25/2005 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday to Ava! And why is Carrie in India? Just curious...

~ Ava's 2nd cousin becky (I think?)

 
At 6/25/2005 1:32 PM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

Thanks for all the comments and happy birthday wishes. I will try to write soon about Ava's birthday and post some cake-face pics. :)

Becky - Carrie's in India doing a 5-wk study abroad law program.

 
At 6/30/2005 1:54 AM, Blogger Uncle Fatso said...

Hey, did you put a new picture up? Cool. Looks like you've updated some info too! Good luck on all the goings on... My friend in Mexico once told me to take every thought captive....best wishes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home