Friday, April 29, 2005

So strong-willed (just like her mama?)

Oh boy, is my little girl strong-willed. When I have to take something away from her that she shouldn't have or something doesn't go her way, she shakes with frustration (all the while screaming). That's when redirection sure comes in handy. :)

(Don't get me wrong, she's a very happy girl 99% of the time, but when things aren't going her way, ya better look out.)

Anyway, Ava gets very excited to see daddy when he gets home from work and today was no exception. But since a friend was stopping by to drop some things off and he needed to go out and help her, he couldn't hold her upon walking in the door. Well Ava freeeeeeaked out! She wanted her daddy and she wanted him N-O-W. She started yelling and shaking in her booster seat (where she'd been pleasantly snacking on cheese and vegi puffs until this brief meltdown). Eep! She was fine as soon as I took her out of the seat and held her, but my oh my, what fiestiness!

So I said to Jody later, "why does she get so frustrated that she shakes with rage?" To which he replied, "she gets that from her mother." Hmmmm. I guess he's right there, and I should have known as much. I carried her in my womb for 9 months and she's been pretty much attached at the hip (or boob) for the past 10. It was bound to rub off on her a bit. ;)

1 Comments:

At 5/31/2005 7:15 PM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

My mom has always been fond of telling me 2 things:
1. May you have a child just like yourself
2. Take only 1/2 the credit for the good things your child does and you can then take only 1/2 the blame
Seems she was right about me. And I guess you got that happening too! LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home