Thursday, September 22, 2005

Packin' up and headin' out

I haven't felt very verbose lately. I've got things in my head that I've contemplated writing about, but have decided not to get into it, not in detail anyway.

I will say that the guilty parties who had been "trolling" my site have come forward and apologized. I'm not sure whether we (I?) will be able move past this or not. They are women I've known for more than half of my life, and were my best friends in high school. We've taken different paths in life, we disagree on many issues, but I don't know how to get over this. It doesn't seem like our differences justify what they did. Time will tell. It's an odd situation. I'll leave it at that.

I got my hair cut yesterday and then went over to a friend's house where I enjoyed a nice glass of wine. I need to do that more often - both hang out with other women AND have a glass of wine. ;) It was very much needed.

We're getting ready to head out of town - to Western Massachusetts primarily (though we hope to also spend a day in Boston) - for a week. We leave on Saturday, Sept. 24, and will be meeting my parents there. I hope to see lots of beautiful fall foliage. The yellow aspen are pretty here in CO, but it's just not the same as all the vibrant colors out east. I've never been to MA before, Ava's never seen an ocean, and Jody's never been that far east, so it should be memorable for all. :)

If I don't get a chance to write tomorrow (because I will be frantically packing), I hope you all stay safe and well and have a good week. And I hope and pray that Rita somehow slows down and doesn't cause much damage. It's so scary that it's happening again.

I may blog from the road - Jody will have his laptop - but I think a vacation from the blog might be good for me as well. ;)

9 Comments:

At 9/22/2005 5:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that sounds so wonderful! I hope you all have a great time.

 
At 9/22/2005 6:29 PM, Blogger Spookygirl said...

Oh! I am so sorry your trolls ended up being people you know, that just sucks!!

Have a great time on your trip, and we look forward to hearing all about it when you get back ;)

 
At 9/22/2005 8:48 PM, Blogger Amy T said...

Sounds like this vacation is exactly what you needed. That just sucks about these old friends of yours. Why can't women be more sisterly toward each other??? I made a more extensive comment on your DH's blog about the issue.

Your haircut looks so good on you. Not many women can pull off such a short hairdo so well, I know I could never get my hair cut as short as your 'do. One fashion magazine article I read once described women who wear their hair that short as more outgoing and adventurous. What do you think of that assessment? Did you get it colored too?

Be sure to take lotsa pictures! I went to Vermont a few years ago in spring and could only imagine what New England must be like in the fall. I must go back some day, it was SOOOO beautiful. It was my first time in that part of the country.

 
At 9/22/2005 11:23 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

hugs to you... :)

see you when you get back...

peace...

 
At 9/23/2005 2:44 AM, Blogger Cath said...

So sorry you've had problems with 'so called friends'. You really don't need people like that in your life do you.

Hope you have a fabulous vacation. Forget about blogging for a week and take it easy. After all it'll still be here when you get back :)

 
At 9/23/2005 4:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

enjoy your vacation amy!!

 
At 9/23/2005 5:56 AM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

Have a fantastic trip, leave the worries behind, and post pictures of REAL FALL!!!

 
At 9/23/2005 10:01 AM, Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

Thank you all for your support. :)

Yes, I will definitely post some pics of the fall colors when I get back. I'm sure I will be taking tons of pics!

Oh and in response to amy - "One fashion magazine article I read once described women who wear their hair that short as more outgoing and adventurous. What do you think of that assessment? Did you get it colored too?" Uh, I'm definitely not the outgoing type so I have to disagree with that. ;) No, I didn't get it colored (I would've had to sell my first born to afford all that), but I would love to. ;)

 
At 9/29/2005 12:50 PM, Blogger halloweenlover said...

Oh, I'm so sorry those comments were from former friends. How painful!!! I would be really upset also.

I hope this leads to the end of the trolling, I have to say. Hugs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home