Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Google's got it goin' on


Dissatisfied with your (or your husband's) company's benefits (or lack thereof)?
Check out what Google offers their employees (and get yourself really pissed off):
Google's benefits

Some of the perks include:
* 12 weeks of maternity leave at 75% pay
* 6 weeks of parental leave at 75% pay
* $500 take-out food allowance to families with new babies
* adoption assistance up to $5000
* free healthy lunches and dinners on-site
* childcare
* tuition reimbursement up to $8000 per year
* on-site oil change, car wash, dry cleaning, massage therapy, gym, hair stylist, fitness classes and bike repair
* employee referral program ($2000 bonus)
* plus all the basics - medical, dental and vision (not to mention doctors are available on-site)

Can you say holy crap?? Go ahead. Say it. HOLY CRAP! Now that is a company that knows how to treat it's employees. I bet their retention rate is extremely high. Who would want to leave a company that will bend over backwards for you?

Where do I sign up?? ;)

I should probably add that the reason I was even looking at Google's perks is because my husband was day-dreaming that his current company would get bought out by Google. ::sigh:: We've all got our dreams.

7 Comments:

At 8/31/2005 6:46 PM, Blogger Spookygirl said...

Too bad it's too far to commute :)

 
At 8/31/2005 11:40 PM, Blogger Rambler said...

just wondering.... since my husband probably wont get a job in this company....is it possible to sue google? :p reasons? plenty...
1. giving undue heartache to ppl who dont work in their company by these benefits :p
2. treating employees over-nicely (??)
3. creating dis satisfaction for ppl in other companies...
n so on :p

 
At 9/01/2005 6:30 AM, Blogger Harmonia said...

THat's great! LOL

Thanks for your comments and visit back to my site!!! I will link you right away - and your shop, too!

Thanks again!

 
At 9/01/2005 11:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, yeah, I said "holy crap", but only after I picked my jaw up off the tile floor!! What a bunch of crap for the rest of us 'regular' people...

 
At 9/01/2005 7:31 PM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

GOOGLE (*DROOL*)

 
At 9/01/2005 8:46 PM, Blogger Spinning Girl said...

do they have an online apllication? wait, I can just google that....

 
At 9/02/2005 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder how you get hired by google. I am in a state of awe and denial. With as much time as I spend in this chair it sure would be nice to get dining coupons. Heck, I could even afford another bambina...maybe even a litter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home