Sunday, August 21, 2005

Lil update on the fridge situation

The good news is that repairing our fridge - which died on Friday - (barring any unforeseen circumstances) will be covered under our warranty which expires on Oct. 4. Hooray!!! :) (Couldn't have cut that too much closer now, could we??)

The bad news is that we can't get it repaired until probably Thursday. Groan!!! :(

This morning I cooked 14 chicken breasts that had all thawed when the fridge/freezer died. I plan to refreeze them in a friend's freezer until ours is repaired. I've also baked 4 loaves of zucchini bread from a monster zucchini picked from our garden a while back.

I'm not really enjoying living out of coolers on our kitchen floor (I never was very big on camping), but it sure is making me plan well in advance what we are going to eat for dinner this week.

Anyway, I'm very relieved that we won't have to shell out the money for a costly repair or a new fridge, though I did get a handful of replies off my posting on Freecycle and Craigslist from people giving away a fridge or selling one at a reduced rate. It's nice to see that people (strangers to me even) are ready to jump in and help out if needed. :) Yay for the kindness of strangers! :)

3 Comments:

At 8/21/2005 8:08 PM, Blogger Spookygirl said...

Whoohoo!!

4 loaves from one zuchini?? That musta been one hecka big zuchini!!

 
At 8/22/2005 2:41 PM, Blogger Jody said...

Thats only half the zuccini... theres still 4 loaves worth again waiting to be baked. The bread is great and personally... I like to camp, so I don't know why Amy is complaining. I am building a campfire in the living room tonight. That'll really be like camping!

 
At 8/26/2005 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a whole lotta cookin'!!
Hope it's repaired and restocked now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home